Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I'm Useless

Prepare to guffaw as I regale you with a tale of my own embarrassing, child-like ineptitude.

I was getting ready to go to town last week, when I got out of the shower to discover that I didn't have a clean black T-shirt (despite the fact that I have 5). I found 3 on the clothes-line, but they were wet and wrinkled. So, in a panic, I called my mother at work and had her walk me through the clothes-drying procedure. I then started up the infernal machine and proceeded to wait. A few minutes later, I called her again and asked how much longer I'd have to stand there. She then informed me that it would be an order of magnitude longer of a wait than I had anticipated, and that I should probably go do something else for a while.

I was telling Aiden this story last night and I told him that everything went horribly wrong. He then listed the only things he could think of that could have gone wrong:

1) The clothes hadn't been left in long enough.
2) I forgot to put in a dryer sheet.
3) The house burned down.

Fortunately, only number 1 & 2 happened. I was out of time, so I just put on the 1/2-dried and wrinkled T-shirt and left. So, yeah, when I finally get around to moving out, I'll probably die. So look forward to that. :-)

[I managed to find a keystroke that inexplicably cut out an entire paragraph, which I then could not undo. I thought I could at least get away with making a small post here without using Notepad. I hate this PoS editor.]

4 Comments:

Blogger Requiem said...

On the plus side if you ever use a washer they have instructions on the clothes and on the bottom side of the lid. So hopefully that will help you. Or it will confuse the matter because you wont know what delicates are. I forsee many more interesting stories :)

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 8:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea what I was doing when I first attempted laundry either. Mom and Cheryl had to walk me through that together. It's really not that complicated once you do it once or twice. Throw the clothes in, throw the bounce sheet in, turn the dial on the right to like 80 minutes or something and start er up.

Thursday, September 08, 2005 12:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Instructions for using the dryer? Are you like 6 or something?

Someone needs to move of his parents house. fast.

Friday, September 16, 2005 8:51:00 AM  
Blogger Jordan said...

I believe I did preface this with the word "child-like", so clearly, yes, I am 6. Also useless.

Friday, September 16, 2005 3:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home