Thursday, April 13, 2006

Did Someone Mention Oblivion?

I've had a pretty uneventful week. That is to say, a pretty uneventful week in real life. See, I've spent pretty much every waking moment outside of work playing Oblivion (aside from one evening spent playing Advanced Squad Leader with Nathan, which also included a great deal of Oblivion discussion), and even then, much of the rest of my time is spent thinking about Oblivion. In fact, I can't stop thinking about it. If any of you are talking to me in the recent future, and my eyes glaze over, chances are that I've forgotten that you're there and my mind has wandered all of the way to Cyrodill. I haven't been this obsessed with a game since the original Phantasy Star for the SMS, back when I used to sit on the school bus and day-dream about fighting spiders on Motavia. All my carefully laid plans of playing in moderation have been shot to hell. Since, as I said, nothing much has happened in real life this past week, I considered regaling you all with some of the dramatic exploits of my law-abiding male Nord Paladin, Loric. However, fortunately for everyone, I came to my senses. So, rather than bore/scare everyone, here is an abstraction of what that probably would have looked like. Enjoy.

Oblivion! Oblivion Oblivion Oblivion Oblivion, Oblivion Oblivion Oblivion. Oblivion Oblivion Oblivion-- Oblivion. Morrowind? Oblivion.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of massive OFFline role playing games :)

At leas you don't have to worry about playing with other people.

So much for that moderation thing.. *snicker* I had the same trouble when I first started playing FFXI. I find myself less likely to play as much now.. but I cn still sit down and spend a good 8-11 hours playing it if I get the chance.

Give it some time to play it.. after a while you may want to take breaks from it... that's what I do.

Saturday, April 15, 2006 12:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home