Tuesday, September 13, 2005

That Thing I Sleep Through

I hate getting up in the morning. I hate getting up period. I have this odd relationship with sleep-- I hate going to sleep, but once I finally do, I hate having to stop. Anyway, I have to get up Saturday morning for an information session at 10:30AM with a video game company visiting Fredericton, and I somehow have to get my schedule turned around by then. Knowing this, I stayed up last night until 7AM playing Jagged Alliance 2 (genetically engineered killing machines had taken over one my mines-- I couldn't go to sleep without securing one of my biggest sources of income, could I?) and slept until now. So, yeah, I'm screwed.

Then, the following week, I have to get up ever earlier for an aptitude test at 8:30AM followed by an interview at 9:30AM, for a development position with NB DoT. I have no idea what the aptitude test will entail, but I'm not overly worried, since if I don't know my stuff I shouldn't be applying anyway. And since I don't know what will be on it, I can't really prepare, so worrying would serve no purpose. That being said, I am expecting/hoping for questions along the lines of "What's a DBMS?" or "What's an index?".

I've been meaning to get my schedule turned around for about a month now, but in the same way that I mean to finally organize and put away all of my UNB stuff and mean to write that novel sitting in the back of my head. So, in other words, it hasn't happened, and probably won't until it has to. I just enjoy staying up all night too much. I'm awake for all the best parts of the day and I sleep through all of the worst (which is to say, daylight). Besides, once I do finally find a job, I may be there for a while, so this could be my last chance to live by my preferred schedule, and I intend to stick to it for as long as I can.

Once I do get turned around though, I may actually start updating this thing before everyone's done their web-browsing for the day, instead of just before supper-time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Requiem said...

As i said before just stay up later in the morning for those things you need to go to. If you need to start working sooner then expect just keep staying up later in the morning until your schedule is right again.

PS: When I try to change my sleeping schedule now i get sever migraines. Just a warning :)

Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what's funny? I fail your aptitude test. DBMS? Database Management Software?

Thursday, September 15, 2005 11:17:00 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Close enough. :-) 'System', not 'Software'.

Friday, September 16, 2005 3:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home