Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Diagram

In lieu of content, I bring you more bitching about traffic-- with pictures! I'm given to understand that that's only worth 1000 words, so I guess that this will be shorter than my usual posts. :-)


The image above is a poorly drawn MS Paint representation of the Regent Street entrance to the Regent Mall, seen from above. I am represented by the red vaguely car-shaped area, in the middle lane of the three lanes heading towards New Maryland. I had just finished some uptown errands after work yesterday, and was heading home, which, when I'm uptown, requires me to loop out and around the mall to get onto the highway. Traffic was moving very slowly, and as I neared the intersection I could see that there was construction going on in front of me (denoted by the large yellow circle) and that all thru-traffic was being directed into the left-most lane by a worker holding a sign (denoted by the small orange circle). When I reached the front of the line, shortly after the light had turned green, the green car stopped and waved me in, and just as I started to move forward, the blue truck behind me suddenly jumped on the gas and shot through the gap, narrowly missing both of us. It may have been that he thought the fellow in the green car was waving him in instead of me, or it may have been that he didn't see the construction, but I'm pretty sure that he was just a stupid asshat (see diagram).

In a classic case of bad driving breeding bad driving, I sped after him and stayed on his ass until I caught him at the intersection on the other side of the mall, where I pulled up beside him and gave him the finger. We had both rolled down our windows to start yelling at each other when the light turned green and we went our separate ways, although we did have enough time to yell "Fuck you!" at almost the same time as we parted. Asshole.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont believe you when you said you rolled down the window and yelled at him. I want to believe but it just isnt you.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 4:07:00 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

I tend to be bolder when I'm angry, most people tend to be bolder when they're at the wheel, and I'm never angrier than when I've got road rage.

In any case, I'm not the one who did it first. I just gave him the finger, but then he rolled down his window, so I rolled down mine.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 4:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have to change the name of this Blog to Bramble's Rumblings.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 8:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the guy stepped out of his vehicle and started to walk towards you; would you have run the light?

What would win out?

Monday, September 18, 2006 1:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

? If you're asking if I'd have run a red light, then no, of course not. It was supper traffic. I think I'd take possible fisticuffs over a certain traffic accident.

Monday, September 18, 2006 1:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose your car could protect you until the light changed.

Driving can be a such a freedom and a pain in the butt sometimes.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 1:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home