Saturday, September 17, 2005

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Spoiler Free)

I'm going to make this one short since I have to get up in the morning tomorrow and I should have gone to bed hours ago instead of watching Advent Children.

[Fanboy fawning]
Wow. Tycho's right: that's an hour and a half of total fanservice. It takes a while to get going, but once it does, it doesn't slow down until it's over. Just scene after scene of badass fights, badass CG, and total disregard for the laws of physics. I played that game over a decade ago, and even though it's the game that single-handedly brought RPGs to the mainstream (well, the mainstream then anyway-- the stream's gotten a lot wider since) and helped sell a lot of Playstations, I barely remember anything about it. All I know is that I suddenly really want to play it again. However, I'm probably better off just pining for it, since whenever I look at screenshots now, it looks old and ugly. They have cubes for hands for christ's sake. I feel old.

In any case, as it say, it's quite good. I barely remember any of the characters, and I still quite enjoyed it, so I heartily recommend it to everyone who likes CG and/or Matrix-style fighting, regardless of whether or not you played FFVII. And anyone who's played Kingdom Hearts will recognize at least a few of the characters.
[/Fanboy fawning]

1 Comments:

Blogger 王同 said...

Can consider a good CG movies. After watched the Advent children, can't really understand in depth. i played the game 4-5 years ago. So i search for wikipedia.org for stories behind the movie.. Amazing! I get what i want.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 9:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home